Oct 11, 2010

Pumpkin Doughnut Holes

I had about 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin left, so I decided to try a pumpkin doughnut hole recipe.  Now, the recipe itself is good.  It did produce a nice looking, great tasting "doughnut"...however, I have come to three conclusions:


1)  I'm not that great at deep frying ANYTHING.  I'm not big on deep fried foods, so I don't have much training. (Some...okay, fine...many didn't cook all the way through.  I was trying to cook dinner at the same time, though.  So there's excuse number 2.)
2)  I'm apparently not very familiar with doughnut holes.  (Mine were huge balls.  Not holes.)
3)  Nothing compares to Krispy Kreme doughnuts.


All in all, I think the recipe is a keeper.  As Mark describes, "Not as heavy as cake doughnuts, but not as light as regular doughnuts.  They're good!"

Pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to submit baking suggestions here. Only serious inquiries will be published.