Jan 9, 2011

I hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday!  It always seems to fly by way too fast, and this year was no exception.  My birthday surprise was tickets to Boston to see The Mighty Mighty Bosstones Hometown Throwdown, which my flight left out at 6 am the morning after Christmas.  I had spent pretty much the entire night and early morning checking the weather and making sure my flight was still on schedule.  Amazingly, it was.  Our drive to the airport took us about 3 hours.  On normal days (sans snow) it should only take 1 1.5 hours at most.  But it was snowing and we were driving 40 mph on a highway we usually go 70 mph.  The snow here was nothing compared to the snow in the Boston area.  In fact, my flight was the last to leave that morning; everything else was cancelled.  So what to do?  Play in the snow!  Then when it came time for the Throwdown, we put our boots on, got our furry hats, train tickets, subway tickets, and began the mission!  I spent the entire show crammed up against the back of some 17-year-old, but when you begin to feel 17 all over again yourself, you don't mind!  Curtain dropped and we were all in awe at the enormous wall of glowing plastic santas.  Then the boys come out...the excitement is almost too much to handle for me. 

I guess I should talk about baking!  I still owe something very chocolatey, so that shall be my next baking adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to submit baking suggestions here. Only serious inquiries will be published.