Nov 19, 2011

Christmas Cookies!

I'll admit I'm not usually very organized when it comes to the holidays, as compared to some people.  I do give it some thought, and I enjoy searching the Internet for new recipes and ideas...but, my baking is faily last minute.  My grandma Gold used to always have such a spread of sweets during Christmas.  Chocolate Bugles, chocolate covered marshmallows, chocolate covered cookies, chocolates...you get the idea.  Obviously not much on the baking side, but she prepared ahead of time and stored up a huge stash of sweets to put out on Christmas morning. This year, I've put a bit more thought into what I want to bake.  Since I am still not working, I want to keep my gift ideas to those which I can make myself. There are always baked goods and candies to give to friends, teachers, Mark's coworkers, and family...something tells me this year for giving will be a bit bigger than last year!  When it comes to traditions, we are still working on ours.  Sugar cookies are a given. My son is at a great age to help with decorating them, and has more of an interest in doing so now. I also do love cranberries, so there will certainly be either cranberry hootycreek cookies or I may try a new recipe I found for cranberry almond blondies.  That's about it, though!  Not many staples...I like to keep things interesting.

I'd love to hear about your baking plans!  Do you have any holiday traditions in the kitchen? Got a list of goodies you plan on baking?  Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to submit baking suggestions here. Only serious inquiries will be published.