Dec 22, 2011

Chai Spice Cookies

I don't know about you, but I think it is pretty crazy that Christmas is just three days away! It's even more crazy when you are not prepared! I totally slacked at sending Christmas cards. I did get them out to most of the extended family and a couple close friends, but unfortunately will have to do a general message to the rest of our family and friends. My son is now on holiday break until January 4th, so I've been trying to balance getting Rhett time in, cleaning, baking, and overall preparing for Christmas and family coming in to visit...but I just don't feel like I'm completely with it. My mom is coming in tomorrow, and since I am not working, I have to learn to be more creative when it comes to gifts. I know she loves chai tea, so I did some exploring to see what recipes I could find that would go hand-in-hand with that. I found one through the kitchn and did not find a reason to change anything with it. Just thought I'd try it and see from there. My final thoughts: I loved the taste of the unbaked dough, I loved the scent it filled my kitchen with, and...I LOVE IT! Now, I will say that my cookies do not look like the ones in the picture on the website. Theirs were round baked balls. Mine are like regular baked cookies: flat and round. Not sure what happened with that. I followed the recipe exactly, and it did not state to chill the dough, so I baked immediately after I was done mixing. The taste, on the other hand, is buttery and you can really taste all the flavors of the spices. Just wonderful! I love it! Great with milk or tea! Why not?!


Ingredients:

1 stick of butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
3/4 tsp. cardamom
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup powdered sugar


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line cookie sheets with parchment or lightly spray.
Beat butter and sugar in a mixer for 3-5 minutes. One by one, add the rest of the ingredients. Scoop into balls and place on cookie sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool on cooling rack. Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to submit baking suggestions here. Only serious inquiries will be published.